A programme has been initiated by IFCPAR to finance collaborative projects involving research institutions and industrial partners. The objective is to promote the development of new processes or products or the improvement of existing processes or products, thus offering the industrial partners an enhanced competitiveness at the international level.
For industrial research projects the following are necessary
· The proposal must be industry centric, needed by industry and focus on industry priorities
· An industry from France or India and a research institution from the other country must be involved. Partnerships with more than one industry or one research institution are also possible.
· The proposal may address
a) development of process, product or design
b) translate R&D lead into a commercialisable product
c) Joint R&D development for industrial application
In industrial research projects, there is direct participation from the industry from the proposal stage itself. This approach is expected to lead to better translation of R&D into commercialisable processes/products.
The Centre has evolved guidelines for IP, on the basis of extensive discussions between the Indian and French Governments. The partners of the industrial research projects are expected to enter into an IP Agreement before the project commences.
- Minimum requirements for making an application
Projects submitted in the framework of this programme must involve at least one industrial partner either in France or in India and a research institute from the other country. Projects involving more than one industrial partner or research institute are also welcome.
- Who can apply
Any industry/scientist and research institution in India or France can apply.
CEFIPRA will finance research and development work carried out in the research institutes involved in the project. The industrial partner must fund at least the part of the work carried out by them.
The partners must draw up a “IP Management Plan", taking into consideration CEFIPRA’s guidelines for Intellectual Property rights and those of the participating institutions, based on the value addition expected from the innovations developed through the project.
- How to apply
- Formulate the concept;
- identify partners in India and France;
- Send a 2-3 page concept proposal or pre-proposal to CEFIPRA.
- the Industrial Research Committee, comprising experts from India and France, will examine the concept proposal and advise the partners.
- Once the pre-proposal is approved by the Committee, the collaborators will be requested to submit a project as per the prescribed format (available under download forms)
CEFIPRA supports the research institutes for recruiting doctoral and post-doctoral researchers, the purchase of consumables and small equipment necessary for achieving the objectives of the project. Exchange visits are also funded by CEFIPRA.